Friday, January 13, 2012

You've come a long way baby

A whole year has gone by! As the twitterers (or would that be tweeters) might say ... OMG, where have I been?

The last post was over a year ago, and for all two of you out there paying attention to this blog ... well, what can I say. Been busy? Dog ate my homework? I didn't have enough bus fare? The man was dead when I got here!?

No excuse at all, really. I just got distracted with other things in life. Bought a new home, moved my small business, got another dog (three now and counting), did some traveling, and I have been working on my novel.

Oh yeah, did I mention I was working on my novel? Besides everything else that goes on with the daily routine, I 've been working through the completion of the rough draft and now I am about halfway through the second draft. Even that has been, to say the least, time consuming, but unlike many of my contemporaries, I rather enjoy the re-writing and editing process. It is that moment when I am putting meat on the bones of the skeleton, so to speak. And the novel is "beefing up", that's for sure. Actually, it is starting to look like it is on steroids.

But in recent times of working through the process of re-writing, I have come to think about this blog and realized that it has been neglected. And so, like other things that I had to put on the back burner throughout much of 2011, I have decided to exert myself and place renewed vigor on this blog.

Considering where I have been and what I have been doing in the past year, me posting a blog now after all this time means something. It means, it's time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment